PDA should stand for Please Don’t Allow

If you’ve ever experienced that moment at the mall where you feel the need to give a couple their own hotel room, then you probably agree that PDA (public display of affection) is a no-no.

I’m not some conservative girl who wants to ban holding hands, kissing or cuddling in public. I don’t disagree with men or women touching or standing next to each other. I’m just someone who doesn’t enjoy standing near a couple who acts like no one is around, as they proceed with actions that should occur behind closed doors.

I remember a time when I was hanging out with a group of friends and this girl I didn’t know proceeded to suck on a guy’s neck. The rest of us are having a conversation while she’s just having the time of her life. I could hear the slurping and the kissing noises. It made me nauseated. Who makes out with someone’s neck in front of a group of people?

Oh wait. I know who. Rude people.

It’s all about consideration. You’re in a public place. Don’t do private things with the entire world watching or at least half of South Florida at the Sawgrass Mills Mall.

Don’t make out. Don’t grope. And, definitely, don’t almost have sex right before my eyes. I don’t want to see that when I’m shopping for a new shirt or standing in line to get a pretzel. And I bet the people around me don’t want to see it either.

I’m not complaining because I’m a single girl, jealous of all the flirty couples around me. I have a boyfriend, with whom I hold hands and kiss in public (pecks, people, just pecks). Yet, I still feel uncomfortable when I’m seated next to a couple making out. I don’t want to see your desire for each other, and I definitely don’t want to hear it.

So to all you couples out there, make out in the car or behind a wall for all I care. But, please, just hold hands or cuddle when you’re in public. I don’t want you to publicly display your affection in front of me.