Shark Speak: What changes do you hope to see NSU make this year?

“I would love for NSU to make the entire financial aid process easier this year. I’ve had to jump through a lot of hoops to get my financial aid. It would relieve a lot of stress, especially for me.”

-Emilie DeCarlo, senior biology major

“I would like to see more food options made available in the UC. What we have is great but I think that new additions need to be made. I wouldn’t have to leave campus for lunch if they offered Chick-Fil-A or Wendy’s.”

-Surina Asfour, senior biology major

“One change would be more access to financial aid. Definitely more scholarships need to be made available for students. Right now I only have the Dean Scholarship and the basic government aid.”

-Christian Almeida, sophomore biology major

“More school functions. I’m a transfer student so I’m not familiar with what’s happening around school. I pretty much just come to class and leave but I would really like to get more involved.”

-Samantha Grant, sophomore health administration major

“I would say NSU needs more research opportunities. I know that’s a very important experience to have here because NSU is a very big research university. They already have some opportunities but I would like to see them expand on it.”

-Hunter Boykin, sophomore marine biology major

“Definitely a reduction in the amount of energy that we use as a school. A majority of the buildings keep their lights on overnight on all of the floors. The residential halls as well keep the lights on in the laundry room. A second change would be healthier dining options. I’m a vegan and it’s only a couple of days a week they offer tofu. If they could have a separate place for vegetarians that also provides options for other students besides Greens, Etc. that would be great.”

-Schae Maynard, sophomore marine biology major

“I would like to see NSU offer better Wifi other than in the buildings. I like to study outside and it’s a bit of a problem trying to get connected.”

-Fallon Rogerson, freshman marine biology mayor