Shark Speak: With the recent Celebration of Excellence, what do you think NSU should tackle next to reach their 2020 vision?

Murielle CayemitteMurielle Cayemitte, junior biology major

“I get the “outer aspect;” like making people on the outside think we are looking really awesome. On the “inside aspect,” I am a LA [lab assistant] for Gen Chem and I see there is a lot of equipment that we need and more money for us to buy more equipment so if we had more updated labs, it would be more prestigious.”

Katarina LeeKatarina Lee, freshman environmental science major

“They have added a lot of programs over the past couple years but maybe like some more on this campus because I know I am interested in the oceanographic center but that is so far away and not having a car it is hard to do that. Maybe if they had more [programs] closer that would be great.”

Mason PetroskyMason Petrosky, freshman paralegal studies

“I would like to see NSU improve the community aspect because they could play a bigger role in the community …  they have such a big opportunity to host more events here to get NSU’s brand out there … I see NSU as being one of the top 50 schools very, very soon because they have so many innovative programs. So if they initiate the community into [those] programs like Razor’s Edge and others like that, they would further that goal more. Also, more distinguished faculty, the faculty is good but they have done such a nice job with the infrastructure like buildings and stuff, why not improve the curriculum infrastructure? Why not seek more distinguished faculty and more people like that? Other than that I am very pleased with school.”

Josh RobertsonJosh Robertson, freshman accounting major

“I think that NSU should work on keeping their facilities open for longer hours so that students can study and work on their success.”

Kirtana PalreddyKirtana Palreddy, freshman biology major

“I think NSU should establish more parking lots because the population is growing so we need more spots.”