Water your thoughts: I wish the dog days weren’t over

NSU students are opinionated about all kinds of things, from universal social issues to NSU-specific concerns. Sometimes, however, we Sharks just need to rant about the smaller things in life to let off some steam. In this column, The Current asks: water your thoughts

If I’m being honest, unless your team is playing, the best part about the Super Bowl is the commercials. This year, I felt like the commercials fell a little short. Of course, there were a few gems, like the Tide commercials with David Harbour or the “Alexa loses her voice” commercials, especially the part with Rebel Wilson. However, the well-known brands that normally air the best commercials, like Doritos and Budweiser, fell short. Don’t get me wrong, the commercials were good, but nothing in comparison to previous years.

Admittedly, I look forward to having my heart ripped to shreds and my feelings destroyed by the Budweiser commercials circling around the Clydesdale and Labrador puppy storyline. Even though the story doesn’t really revolve around their “product,” I still think they were effective advertising ploys, since they were the most memorable commercials to me and I still go back to watch them on YouTube. Every year I look forward to being brought to the brink of tears, yet it has been three years since the last puppy commercial aired, and I miss them. So please, let this serve as an individual plea, although I’m sure I speak for more than just myself when I say: bring back the puppies, and the tears.