Shark Speak: With all the construction on campus for the new residence hall and parking garage, what is another project you think NSU should focus on next?

“I just started here so I’m not sure what we might be missing but more food places; more diversity and more parking would be good. In the Shepard Broad College of Law if you’re ten minutes late to class, you’re parking somewhere else. More parking spots for the Shepard Broad College of Law” said Tevon E, Freshman Law major.

“Instead of bringing the university tangible or aesthetically pleasing things, the campus should find a way to unite the students. Their focus should maybe change and re energize people rather than the place. The place is already amazing as it is and people already want to come here as it is” said Mavrick Powell, Senior Business Administration major.

“I think NSU should honestly focus on themselves for a bit. I think they’re focusing way too hard on their undergrads, just in terms of accepting students rather than keeping students. If you look it up there is a really high dropout rate for Nova, so start focusing more on keeping the students rather than letting them leave. They shouldn’t really be focusing on much else at this point, other than keeping us happy because we’re kind of the ones that are supporting the campus” said Chris Gacinski, Senior Theatre and English double major. 

“I know they literally just renovated the entire cafeteria, I feel like we should expand it more. I think more restaurants, because I feel like even though it’s an improvement from before; more can be done” said Ariel Joseph, Freshman Chemistry major.

“I like that they’re focusing on new dorms but I feel like they should also cater more to their commuters. The parking garage definitely needs to be worked on because depending on what time you get here, you can’t find parking for class. If I have a 1pm class and I have to park on the roof that becomes a huge problem. Other than that, the policy that you can’t sit in [the dining area] from 4-9 is kind of annoying because that’s where people like the sit and study. So it’s blocked off and now where do I sit? And now with a thousand new freshmen, all my study spots have been taken, where do I go to study?” said Chris Dallegrand, Senior Legal Studies major