Quarantine Story: My time in quarantine

Horacia Summers is a senior psychology major at NSU. She is also DJ Black Lotus for NSU’s RadioX.

Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, my time at home in quarantine has been focusing on spending more time with my family. Unfortunately, what was the everyday hustle and bustle of a college student life, did not allow me to see my family that often. Now, I have been able to watch movies and eat dinner with my mom on her days off, shop with my dad and hang out with my younger brother. I have also been keeping in touch with some of my college friends through Zoom conversations. Additionally, we got to try the new Netflix party feature and I watched Ferris Bueller’s Day Off for the first time.

When I’m not socializing with my friends and family, I like to play Animal Crossing New Horizons or Skyrim on my Switch. I am also no stranger to binge-watching old and popular shows on various streaming platforms like Netflix or YouTube. During the quarantine, I have also started a work-out routine every morning to get fresh air and keep myself occupied. It allows me to destress and start every day off on a positive note during these less than positive times.