Gill Out: Untoasted

$$

3121 W Hallandale Beach Blvd Ste 101

Hallandale Beach, FL 33009

Open 7 days a week from 8 a.m.-4 a p.m.

Untoasted is a sweet little cafe about 15 minutes from campus. When I first went to Untoasted, my first impression was that the outside appearance of the cafe was quite bland. However, once inside, my feelings about this cafe changed. 

Untoasted has a brunch style menu, so I decided to get strawberry and banana french toast. I loved how customizable all the meal options were. For example, the french toast had so many topping options, like fruits, berry compote and chocolate chips, that you could choose from so that everybody’s different taste buds are satisfied. I was not disappointed at all by the food because it was so delicious and filling. On top of that, the service was quick and we received our food pretty fast.

This cafe is also known for having crazy sweet beverages such as the nutella latte that my friend chose to get. They come served in adorable little mason jars, and the sweetness will definitely fill you up.

There are so many other options to choose from. If you aren’t interested in a breakfast style meal, they also have plenty of sandwiches and salads that may be of your liking.

The cafe was not busy at all when my friend and I went, even for it being a Friday. When we pulled up to the restaurant, it was again very plain and quiet, but the second we stepped out of the car, a woman who works at Untoasted opened the door and gave us the warmest welcome. 

I can definitely say that, on top of the delicious brunch-style food, the staff at Untoasted are some of the kindest restaurant staff I have ever met. Not only is this tiny cafe adorable, but the staff just add to the welcoming atmosphere. I noticed they all work together so nicely and are truly customer-oriented. Our waiter was super sweet and was always checking on us to make sure we were 100% satisfied and nothing less. Everybody there had the best attitude, whether it was towards the customers or towards their fellow employees.