Gill Out: Change Doughnuts

Miniature doughnuts, enough said. Change Doughnuts is a local food truck that makes miniature cake doughnuts fresh with each order. They have countless combinations of toppings and frostings that range from simple powdered sugar to apple pie topped. My favorite doughnuts are the Boston cream, which are plain doughnuts topped with chocolate frosting and crème and the apple explosion, which are doughnuts topped with apple pie filling and a vanilla drizzle.

Not only does Change Doughnuts have doughnuts, they also have amazing homemade Italian sodas and delicious ice cream sundaes that, of course, incorporate their signature miniature cake doughnut. While many people prefer yeast doughnuts to cake doughnuts, the doughnuts here are fresh, hot and just melt in your mouth.

You can find Change doughnuts in the Home Depot parking lot of University in the Tower Shoppes Plaza on Saturdays, so long as the weather holds up. I discovered them while at the plaza looking for things for my apartment, and I go far too often now. You can hire them to cater an event, simply order a big box of 40 doughnuts for only $32 or even just six doughnuts for $6.75. I usually go for a big box to take home and share with my roommates, and as an added bonus, the owners of the truck are both NSU graduates.

When you pull up to the green and white food truck, you are greeted with the smell of fresh doughnuts and a friendly person wearing a mask and social distancing, ready to take your order. Do not worry. They have a sign that has their menu on it or you can just say “Surprise me” and you will not be disappointed in the selection. Of all the doughnuts that I have tried, not a single one has been bad; they are all so tasty and the Italian sodas are the perfect drink to wash it all down.

Overall, Change Doughnuts is an amazing food truck and they are definitely worth paying a visit to. From doughnuts to ice cream and soda, you will not be disappointed.