Indulge in something delicious and gluten-free

If you know me, you know that I am a sucker for sweets and have a major sweet tooth. Despite often craving chocolate, gummy bears, cakes and cookies, I try to not indulge because I know all that sugar is not good for you. However, thanks to my sister, who sent me a healthy recipe for gluten-free cranberry almond cookies, I decided to give the recipe my own touch and indulge in cookies without the processed sugars. Follow along below for your own batch of delicious that won’t leave you feeling guilty. 

Gluten-free white chocolate chip cranberry pistachio almond cookies 

Ingredients

• 2 cups almond flour
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • ⅓ cup melted butter
  • ⅓ cup maple syrup
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup dried cranberries
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1 cup chopped pistachios 

This recipe makes 26 small cookies, but I highly recommend you double the ingredients and make more because these cookies are amazing and you’ll want to eat them all.

Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a large baking sheet and line it with parchment paper. 
  2. In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients: almond flour, baking soda and salt.
  3. In another medium bowl, whisk the melted butter and maple syrup. Next, whisk in the egg and vanilla extract. These are the wet ingredients. 
  4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk together with a wooden spoon or fork until combined. You should get a cookie dough consistency.
  5. Chop the pistachios and stir them into the dough, along with the white chocolate chips and dried cranberries.

Note: These are the fillings I decided on for my cookies, but feel free to create your own and add whatever you like! (I.e: chocolate chips, dried mango chunks, pecans, etc.)

1. Scoop a tablespoon of dough and place it gently on the baking sheet.

Optional: Flatten your cookies with a spoon to give them a more cookie shape (I didn’t do this).

1. Bake until the edges are slightly golden brown for about 10-12 minutes. It is important that you do not overbake as, when you take the cookies out of the oven, they will continue baking on the inside until completely cooled.
  2. Once baked, let them cool on the baking sheet for five minutes, then remove.
  3. Enjoy by itself, with a glass of milk or a cup of ice cream.