Gill out: BurgerIM

BurgerIM is a new gourmet burger joint located on Griffin Road. This new burger restaurant is a great place for NSU students to go for an affordable but tasty meal. Even better, BurgerIM is within walking distance of UPointe and offers a discount to residents living there, which includes the NSU students housed there. 

BurgerIM not only offers gourmet beef burgers, but other meats such as chicken and fish patties. They also offer a few vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options such as the felafel patty or a plant-based patty, also known as the Impossible Burger. 

Each burger is fully customizable with a large assortment of toppings. I ordered a beef patty with bacon, avocado and a fried egg. It was delicious. The meat didn’t feel dry or too greasy like a lot of burger places, and the patty wasn’t completely flat. I really liked the amount of customization options they offered for their burgers as well. It wasn’t just cheese and ketchup; they had a whole list of things you could add on for a decent price. 

I also decided to treat myself and get some garlic aioli French fries. They were really good and flavorful, but the sauce is rich, so if you have a sensitive stomach I would consider just getting the regular fries. The fries alone felt like a whole meal, so keep this in mind if you have a small appetite. 

Our food took about fifteen minutes to come out, but it was definitely worth the small wait. The food was all under ten dollars for one item, and you could definitely get a full meal for under $20. I can tell that it was prepared with care, and while they did make a mistake with my friend’s order, they fixed it right away at no cost. 

My favorite thing about the restaurant was the atmosphere. It felt like we were the only customers there, but we weren’t. They really cared about our dining experience and even provided us with plastic cups for free water. They were so kind and even remembered my friends, who had been in to order food from them before. 

In my opinion, BurgerIM is a really good addition to the Davie community, especially for NSU students. It’s a place within walking distance of UPointe where students can go and hang out with their friends in a comfortable environment while eating some delicious food. It’s meal-inclusive, affordable for college students and most importantly, tasty.