Athlete Profile: Austin Lavallii, Women’s Tennis

Austin Lavallii, sophomore on the women’s tennis team, transferred to NSU this year from the University of Texas, El Paso. Majoring in sports and recreation management, she plans to be a personal trainer specializing in the sports after graduation.

Lavallii said, “I really like it here. I really like the team. Our coach is so laid back. He really does care about us.”

Lavallii started taking tennis lessons when she was in eighth grade and began playing competitively in high school.

“Now that I’m in college, it’s a whole different game,” she said. “Tennis has opened a lot of opportunities for me.”

Lavallii’s tennis matches have taken her to countries including Japan, Tunisia, and St. Vincent.

Questions and Answers with Austin Lavallii:

Who would play you in a movie about your life? “Brittany Daniel.”

In the movie, who would you want to play your love interest? “Jamie Foxx.”

What is your perfect pre-match meal? “Lots of fruit and sometimes a caramel macchiato.”

If you were stranded on the moon, what three items would you take with you? “My iPhone, my huge heating pad and Skype.”

If you could travel back in time, what time period would you go to? “Ancient Egyptian times.”

If you could sit down for dinner with anyone, famous or not, who would it be? “Shakira.”

If you could trade places with anyone, famous or not famous, dead or alive, real or fictional, who would it be? “No one now; I love being me.”

If you could have a superpower what would you want it to be? “Teleportation.”

If you won $20 million, how would you spend it? “[I would] invest it, watch it grow, and then buy a little castle.”

How would you describe yourself in three words? “Athletic, funny, real.”