Golf Player Profile: Taylor Collins

Taylor Collins, sport and recreation management, is one of four graduating seniors on the women’s golf team at NSU. She grew up in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., attended Saint Thomas Aquinas High School and has played golf for NSU during her four years here. After graduation, Collins would like to become a professional golfer.

The two-time All-American said she was born to golf.

“I can’t remember ever not playing,”  said Collins.

Collins helped the NSU golf team win two national championships in 2009 and 2010 and hopes to defend the championship title  this year.

“I’ll play golf until I run out of money. Then maybe get a job,” she said.

When she is not playing golf, Collins is searching for a sponsor and working on becoming a professional golfer.

Questions and Answers with Taylor Collins

Who would play you in a movie about your life? “Jennifer Aniston.”

In the movie, who would you want to play your love interest? “Bradley Cooper.”

What is your perfect pre-match meal? “Egg whites and peanut butter and honey on toast.”

If you were stranded on the moon, what three items would you take with you? “Golf clubs, peanut butter, and my friend Nicole.”

If you could travel back in time what time period would you go to? “The 60s.”

If you could sit down for dinner with anybody, famous or not famous, dead or alive, who would you want? “Dustin Johnson, a famous golfer.”

If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional, with whom would it be? “The girl from ‘Avatar,’ the blue chick.”

What would I find in your refrigerator right now? “Almond milk, lentil soup, beer, and bread.”

If you had the option of choosing one superpower, what would it be? “I’d be invincible.”

If you won $20 million, what would you do with the money? “I’d use it to turn pro and golf all the time and then invest the rest.”

How would you describe yourself in three words? “Dedicated, goofy and ambitious.”