Opening night #artRAVE

Hello everyone! I am sorry we haven’t been posting, but preparing for the concert was all consuming. However, I wanted to tell all of you how it went. There has never been a concert quit like this one. It was MIND BLOWING!!! I cannot speak for Nicole or Li but I can say that we danced all night.

Lady Gaga was in a word magnanimous. She out did herself, which I didn’t think was possible, having been to all of her other tours.The moment she came on stage the crowd responded with a roar, and so the party began! I feel compelled to say that the crowd did not simply go wild because of her celebrity or even her very person; the crowd went wild because Lady Gaga has a presence that cannot be contained to one character, one costume, one arena or one show. She is a women that surpasses all expectations of what a show should be and what performance art should be. She is a creature that comes alive only on a stage in front of her little monsters.

The stage was quit literally unexplainable, mostly because the feel changed with every song. The main stage looked like two large swans kissing, forming a heart shape where the band played. The rest of the stage was stagnantly zigzagged across the floor.  The lights made me feel like I was at a real rave; and we were in the nose bleed section. The colors jumped off the stage, leaving me with the feeling that I wore a rainbow colored dress with sparkles on it, which of course I wasn’t. Actually, I wore a plan red summers dress and flip-flops that quickly came off as soon as the music started. Don’t judge!

Her costumes were, as always shocking, but with the right flare of artistry. Her famous, or infamous, sea shell bikini was the main costume draw at the beginning, but that quickly changed when she decided to do a costume change on stage. The costume itself consisted of lime green, furry leg warmers, a hot pink skirt and a plastic rainbow colored corset complete with a rainbow painted dreadlocks wig.

The Mother Monster sang mostly songs from her newest album “ARTPOP.” However, she did play the classics “Just Dance,” “Paparazzi” and “Bad Romance” that made the crowd roar with extra emphasis. The entire arena danced with a vengeance for these tracks. We were at rave after all.

The most compelling aspect of her show was the people who went; the little monsters themselves. There is something about a Lady Gaga fan that cannot be explained, although I will try. These monsters reach beyond the terms, gay, straight, lesbian, transgender, female, male etc…  When we are at her concert, those societal rules and labels do not apply. Everyone gets along with each other. There is no judgement, hate, or hurtful alienation. Although I was jealous at a few men who could walk in heals better than I could. Everyone there was equally human. We were a community of freaks. Party on little monsters!