Women Empower Expo coming to Fort Lauderdale

The third annual Women Empower Expo (WEX) will take place on Nov. 10 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center.

The event will bring together thousands of female leaders, entrepreneurs, artists, executives and industry leaders to collaborate and learn. The event has taken place in Fort Lauderdale and Washington D.C. previously, and a new additional location to the expo is set to be announced in 2019.

“Our mission is to equip women with not just the tools and knowledge to take their careers to the next level, but also introduce them to that community of support. At WEX, what really sets us apart is the energy in the room,” said Alexa Carlin, founder and CEO of WEX. “Everyone is so collaborative, so inviting, and you really get to meet women who are successful, in their chosen career paths from all different industries, from people investing and working in cryptocurrency, to women working in construction, to women in tech, to women who are speaking about running a blog and running a business and being a mom.”

“I always asked myself, ‘why did this happen to me?’ and the minute that I said ‘why did this happen for me?’ that’s when everything started to change.”

-Alexa Carlin, founder and CEO of WEX

WEX was founded in 2016 after Carlin noticed a need for a way for like-minded women to get together and share their successes, passions, advice and inspirational stories.

“Through this journey of trying to find light at the end of the tunnel, that‘s when I really started to find the passion to share my story. I always asked myself, ‘why did this happen to me?’ and the minute that I said ‘why did this happen for me?’ that’s when everything started to change,” expressed Carlin.

The event will feature short, 30 minute sessions, which allows for flexibility in planning, so that each attendee can customize their experience to their own needs and interests. Additionally, on the main stage, there will be three keynote speakers (as well as more additional speakers) who will be giving speeches about their success to inspire the audience. Featured speakers will be Marci Zaroff, ECOlifestyle entrepreneur, visionary, educator, innovator and expert; Courtney Adeleye, Mane Choice founder and CEO, Elena Cardone, co-founder of Cardone Capital and empire builder and Carlin herself.

Additionally, beyond the main stage, there will be over 20 panels and break out sessions on a variety of topics. The event will also feature over 70 exhibitor booths, which range from health foods to local businesses.

The 2018 WEX will also introduce the “Teenpreneur” event, which is new to the expo. The event, which benefits Speak loud Inc., will feature six teenage girls from grades 6-12, who will share business ideas they have had with participants and attendees. The goal is to give them the opportunity to gain confidence in business pitching and raise seed capital. As future business leaders, these girls will be given the chance to show off their blossoming and established entrepreneurial skills.

“Any woman who is passionate and determined to turn her ideas into reality should be at WEX. It’s only once a year in each city, and that one day can literally change your entire life. I always say you’re one connection away from changing the trajectory of your life. It’s that person that wants to turn her ideas into reality, that really wants to feel passionate and empowered and also supported,” said Carlin.

Students can use the code “student” for 35 percent off general ticket prices. Non-student general, social and VIP packages are also available to purchase. General tickets cost as low as $30, while VIP tickets may cost up to $99. For more information, or to buy tickets, visit www.womenempowerx.com.