Nobody got funds for that

Now that I live in my own apartment on campus, I have started to realize how expensive everything actually is. A lot of basic everyday items are quite expensive. The simple stuff like dish soap and laundry detergent can be pretty pricey. Since I was tired of going broke every time I went to Walmart or Target, I decided to try shopping at a dollar store. My first time shopping at Dollar Tree was quite stressful in all honesty. I didn’t know what I was looking for, since I didn’t know what I would find. After a couple rather large hauls, I have found myself relying on Dollar Tree for certain basic items.

When it comes to household cleaning supplies, the dollar store is the perfect place to go. You can get cleaning products for any situation you can think of. Floor cleaners, surface disinfectants and bathroom bleach fill the back shelves. Most of these products come in several different scents that I haven’t seen anywhere else. I rely on the dollar store for my laundry products. Fabric softeners, detergents and dryer sheets are such bargains. I even get some of my food products there. There’s a lot of frozen food options that are quite delicious. You can get a giant bag of rice and pasta for only a dollar!

When I first started to share my new discovery to my friends, I got weird looks. They seemed to think that the dollar store only sells cheap knock-off toys and other random knick-knacks. I couldn’t say enough to open their minds so I decided to start bringing my friends with me. Watching my friends, it’s safe to say I have helped a few people save a few bucks here and there.

I don’t understand why everyone thinks its weird to shop at a dollar store. To me, it’s just like shopping at any other place except this one only stocks items that cost a dollar. I have found so many ways to save money just by shopping here. I get everything from snacks for a movie night to dish soap and dishes all for the same price. Sometimes you have to cut corners while shopping at an average supermarket or retail store. I don’t have to do that when I’m shopping at a dollar store.

You sometimes have to get creative to afford certain things while living at college. There’s nothing wrong with shopping at the dollar store so you can get a nice dinner with your friends.