Studying can be a tiresome activity and it’s important to acknowledge that by fueling yourself up with healthy treats throughout any cram session. While we all love our carbs — or at least I do — it’s best to treat yourself to healthy fats or protein to fill up for longer. To make sure you’re nourishing your body as well as your mind, check out these fall-flavored study snacks.
What’s easier than throwing a bunch of things you love into one big bowl and then diving in? Here’s a totally autumn concoction to try:
Midnight dark chocolate Dried cherries Pistachios and/or almonds Pretzel sticks
Then, simply mix and enjoy.
Savory pumpkin hummus
Your diet is probably seriously lacking pumpkiny goodness, so here’s a low-effort way to carve out a space for it:
• 16 ounces roasted garlic hummus
• 1 cup pumpkin puree
• 4 cloves roasted garlic (optional)
1. Thoroughly mix all ingredients together
2. Serve with pita chips or on pita bread
Cinnamon maple pumpkin seeds
If you end up carving a pumpkin sometime this month, don’t let its insides go to waste. Make yourself a fiber-heavy, sweet treat instead.
• All the pumpkin seeds
• Maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees
- Wash your pumpkin seeds in a strainer and pat dry
- Spread your seeds over a baking pan lined with parchment paper
- Drizzle the maple syrup over the seeds, being careful not to overdo it
- Sprinkle cinnamon on the seeds
- Bake for 40 minutes or until lightly toasted