Finding Fitness: The Hot Girl Walk

A few weeks back, while scrolling on Tik Tok, I came across this video by a young woman named Mia. On Tik Tok, her handle is @exactlylikethoseothergirls, and honestly, at first, the title seemed fitting. However, her page is filled with motivational videos, step by steps and other random content. In January, she introduced this amazing workout regimen she called The Hot Girl Walk.

Now, if you’re anything like me, you are familiar with two-time Grammy winner Megan Thee Stallion and her hit songs, “Hot Girl” and “Hot Girl Summer.” Immediately, I was hooked onto every word this fellow female was offering up. She was able to lose weight, but she claims that, without confidence, achieving our goals will be more difficult. 

The Hot Girl Walk (HGW) consists of a few requirements. First, you need to simply go for a walk, whether that be at a park, on the treadmill or around your yard. It’s not about weight loss, but an internal transformation.

You’re only allowed to think about three things while on the HGW: the things that you are grateful for, how hot you are and things that you want to achieve. 

After working out like this for the better part of two months, I have come to understand the hype. While Mia may tread over four miles on her walks, I usually keep mine under two and incorporate other exercises after to target certain areas. I use this walk time to listen to some great music and understand why I love myself. It is a great lesson in gratitude. I believe that all people should take part in building up their confidence. This is your time to go on a walk and hang out with yourself for a while. Appreciate the ground you are walking on and the body you are in. Being a hot girl is easy, you just got to start believing you are one.

For some, praising yourself and calling yourself hot may sound conceited. We are amazing beings who have been through a lot and we deserve to have ourselves in our corner. Frankly, it’s time we shake these outdated beauty standards and start embracing how beautiful we are. 

Mia links an entire playlist of jams to listen to while you walk. Find it below as well as a few of my favorite picks from the list.

• “Obsessed” // Mariah Carey
  • “Midnight Sky” // Miley Cyrus
  • “Don’t Start Now” // Dua Lipa

Mia’s Tik Tok: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeBCt29n/