Water your thoughts: I hate writing

Alright, that title is a little misleading. I don’t hate writing; writing is something I love to do, but sometimes it can just be too much. It is both physically and mentally draining, especially when you deal with writer’s block. There is nothing worse than staring at a blank page and having nothing to put on the page. I have so much to say, but I have no idea how to put it all together. I just sit there, mind racing, trying to find the right words to put to paper. Nothing gets written. The page remains blank, and my mind wanders to that SpongeBob scene, “What I learned in boating school is…”  

At this point I know that the best thing I can do is sit back and let my mind rest. Give it some time and come back to it later. Then, maybe, just maybe, I’ll be able to finish writing…. But I’m on a deadline and I don’t have time for that. I sat at my desk for the last two days trying to figure out what to write for this article, and, in the end, nothing. Nothing but a blank page. So, I gave up. I gave into my frustrations and whine about my writing woes. Yelling at the screen about my love-hate relationship with writing. I’m tired of hitting a wall with my writing. I’m tired of screaming into the void about not knowing how to organize my thoughts.   

Well, it looks like I finally figured out what to write, and in time for my deadline no less. When in doubt write about your writer’s block.