On the Scene: Who is your favorite superhero and why?

Superheroes have ruled the box office for years. Last week, Disney announced the release date for “Iron Man 3” (May 3, 2013), “Megamind” is in theaters and a “Captain America” movie is in the works for 2011. With all this superhero action, we asked NSU students: Who is your favorite superhero and why?

“When I was younger, I liked Shera because she was super strong and everyone respected her.  She was bada**. She beat up all the bad guys and she still looked hot.” Ania Szewczyk, first-year grad student of physical therapy

“Batman because he doesn’t really have any super powers, but he has cool gadgets. So, he has a disadvantage and I have always liked the underdog.”

Brian Ronay, junior legal studies major

“Flash ― he has speed and speed kills.

That’s why I like him.”

Urslan Chaudhry, sophomore biology major

“Iron Man because he has all those gadgets, but he also had the brains and is able to make something of it.”

Michael Bogumilo, freshman legal studies major

“Superman because he swoops in at the last second to save people. I like the idea of someone coming to the rescue at the last minute to save the day in a time of trouble.”

Molly Carey, second-year law student

“Wonderwoman because she had an invisible airplane so she could go anywhere and no one could see her.”

Maryori Perez, freshman business major