Goodbye, Chief.

The end of the semester and the beginning of the holiday break are happy times for all. But for us here at The Current, it is a sad time as we say goodbye to our wonderful Chief of Visual Design, Chelsea Seignious. While we are proud of her for her accomplishments and wish her the best after her graduation, we are not sure how we will make it here without her. So, instead of throwing ourselves at her feet and begging her to stay or tying her to her chair and forcing her to work, we will wish her the best. We will, however, attempt to embarrass her and make her shed a tear as we say our individual farewells to our beloved chief.

Joydel Trail, Editor in Chief

(Singing – “Bring it On” style). G-O-O-D, Chelsea has the best designs. She’s good, yea yea. She’s good. N-O-V-A, how you think she got that way Nova, yea yea, Nova! J Chelsea has been an amazing asset to The Current. She is smart, pleasant, funny and just great to be around. I’m going to miss her dearly. We spent a lot of time together in the office and I’ve gotten to know and love Chelsea as a friend. I know she’s going to do great things and I’m already proud of her! Good luck and God bless Chels! You’re the BEST!!!

Victoria Rajkumar, News Editor

Chelsea, you are absolutely amazing in everything you do. Thank you for all the hard work you put into making the newspaper look fantastic. I don’t know what we are going to do without you! Miss you lots, and you better keep in touch. Good luck, and I wish you all the happiness in the world! 🙂

Alyssa Sterkel, Features Editor

Chelsea! It has been wonderful getting to know you better this semester. I’m really going to miss you at the newspaper. You were always there to talk with and laugh with. I wish you could stay! But I know God is going to do great things in your life. Keep me updated. =] Have a fabulous Christmas.

Andre Escobar, Visual Design Assistant

It has been a pleasure working with you. You have left some BIG shoes to fill at the current. I’m sure you will have plenty of success in your endeavors. God bless.

Fiona Banton, Business Manager

I have had the pleasure of working with Chelsea for last 4mths. During this time of our acquaintance, I have known her as an intelligent, capable, dedicated, and a professional woman who strives to maintain a very high level of integrity in her work. I totally enjoyed working with you. Just want to wish you all the best in all your endeavors….Go conquer the world. God bless.

Davis Yahn, Opinions Editor

Chelsea, our time has been brief, and has, unfortunately, come to an end. I wish you the best out there in the real world. Stay classy.

Kevin Preciado, Sports Editor

I don’t know how we could have survived the semester without you. It was great working with you, and I’m sad to see you go, but I know you’re going to be successful in anything you do. I’ll definitely miss how excited you would get every time you came up with a new idea lol. Good luck in the real world, and I wish you all the best.

Stephanie Fleming, Arts and Entertainment Editor

No more late Friday evenings trying to get the final proof out? No more searching for photos at the last minute to help my overworked chief? This should be a time a celebration. I may finally only work the hours I actually get paid to work. I’m so excited I don’t know what I’ll do with my time now. But I know I won’t spend it working with one of the most amazing people I’ve ever been fortunate enough to meet. That celebration was short. Seriously, if the paper comes out in January, it will be a miracle because you have been the heart and soul of this place since I started working here. Personally and professionally, you are in a class of your own. I am grateful for the time I got to spend with you and grateful to have had the privilege of working next to you, even though your computer makes me nauseous. I know you will find success in whatever you choose to do next, and those you come in contact with will be lucky to have you around. Are we sure we can’t tie you to your chair?!

There is one thing we can all agree on: It will be hard to make it without Chelsea. So, farewell Chief. You have left your legacy here at The Current and will not soon, if ever, be forgotten.