Join the party with “Project X”

Hands down, if you miss this movie, you’ve lost an exciting vicarious experience that may not change your life, but it will give you a hell of a lot of incentive to do so. “Project X” is every innate party animal’s wet dream. The entire premise of the story is about three misfits who, while on the hunt for some co-ed lovin’, throw the most epic birthday party to ever hit suburban Pasadena, Calif.

The birthday boy, Thomas (played by Thomas Mann), is a social outcast who is joined by the pudgy, virginal, JB (Jonathan Daniel Brown) and New York’s “finest” (allegedly) Costa, played by Oliver Cooper. Along with the hidden cameraman, Dax (Dax Flame), who may or may not be a sociopath, these nobodies become overnight felons and legends. Thomas’ parents, who believe their son is a complete social spaz, decide it’s a safe bet to leave him home alone for the weekend with his “nerd crew” while they go on an anniversary vacation.

Let me just say, these dorks can really party. I swear I can’t find an element this movie may have missed. There’s an onslaught of sex, drugs, violence, and comedy. You name it. It’s there. These guys put your biggest high school accomplishment to shame and leave it burning in alcohol-induced flames.

Many people claim that this movie is “overhyped.” Well, yeah. It is. But for obvious reasons. I mean, come on, this movie is brought to you by the makers of “The Hangover” (2009), and who doesn’t want to party with those dudes for a weekend?

I, along with the rest of the audience (who I wish joined me at the club after the movie; they were an awesome group), were in a party-going state of mind. We were dancing and screaming along with the characters. Their teenage debauchery is contagious — sans the herpes, thankfully. This is a movie I could watch again and be in awe. Then again, if you knew someone who destroyed their family home, drove their dad’s car into the pool and set their entire neighborhood on fire in one fail swoop, you’d probably be hitched up to their bandwagon too (sorry, Kony 2012).

If you can party as big as you can dream, check out “Project X.” It is rated R for a reason (so you know it’s absolutely worth it). Nudity ensues, so leave your shame at home and get ready to experience the biggest, craziest party you may ever get invited to.