Perfect Pumpkin Treats to Try This Fall

With fall here, it’s the perfect time to indulge in delicious pumpkin treats. Although I am not a pumpkin fan, it is hard to avoid it this time of year, but I’ve found a liking for pumpkin while enjoying what the fall has to offer. Here are a few places around campus that offer pumpkin treats.

Yogurtland on University Drive has always been my go-to place to get froyo. With their appetizing choices and affordable prices, I find myself lost in sample cups and pondering what flavor I should choose. When I stumbled upon the pumpkin pie flavor, I knew I had to try it right away. As soon as the yogurt hit my tongue, I was blown away by the taste; it tastes like a pie straight out of the oven. It’s creamy and smooth on your tongue, with a hint of cinnamon.

Yogurtland

The prices go by how much you put in the bowl. I was surprised when my total came up to only $2. Not only was I able to treat myself to dessert, but I was also able to spend under $5. If that’s not a deal, then I do not know what is.

Anyone who knows me knows that if I could drink Starbucks every day, I would. So when I heard the fall drinks had arrived, I ran as quickly as I could to the nearest Starbucks. It’s crazy that an avid Starbucks drinker like me had never tried anything from their famous fall menu. Because I was in the seasonal spirit, I had the luxury of trying the Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino. Did you hear me? Not the Pumpkin Spice Latte that we all know and love. The Pumpkin Spice Frap is a blended ice drink with the same taste as the hot drink. It was the best thing that’s ever happened to me. I was shocked that I could consume so much pumpkin and actually like it. The rich taste of the coffee blended well with the pumpkin, and the whipped cream with the powdered cinnamon was the cherry on top. This is a perfect drink for a hot day. If you’re not a big coffee fan, there’s a selection of baked goods like pumpkin bread, sugar cookies and cream cheese muffins. The prices for the drinks range from $3.60 to $4.95

Whoever said bagels can’t be fun never ate at Einstein’s. The pumpkin bagel at Einstein’s is to die for, and did I the mention there have pumpkin cream cheese? At first, I was uncertain about the pumpkin overload, and I wasn’t sure how that could be pulled off, but I was wrong. The cream cheese is delicious. It isn’t overpoweringly sweet and has the perfect balance of cream cheese and pumpkin; it is regular cream cheese with a kick, and was smooth and fluffy on my tongue. It was so good that I was sad when it was finished. The pumpkin bagel is under $3, so for students who have the meal plan, take advantage of your discount. These scrumptious pumpkin crème cheese bagels will be available until the season ends.

Einstein's

After sampling all of these delicious pumpkin treats, I have no doubt that you will enjoy them as much as I did. Whatever your preference is, I’m sure there is something for you. Go out there, have fun, and try new things.