Seriously Kidding: Young man angry, claims he was falsely accused of being mad

In response to what he says was an inflammatory comment made by the university administration, Andy Gree, sophomore biology major, posted a 15-minute Facebook video explaining “his side of the story.”

For 12 minutes, Gree addressed the inflammatory comment which was “I know you are upset, sir.” Gree said he wasn’t upset and the attribution cast him in a negative light. The remaining three minutes were a plug for Gree’s blog, “Rant About It.”

The video comes two days after what Gree calls a “major incident” with a staff member at the university bookstore, who he insists is a member of the “university administration” despite facts and definition of the word administration proving otherwise.

After requesting a specific sweater from the store, Inno Sents, a freshman who started working at the bookstore at the beginning of the semester, informed Gree that the store was in fact no longer carrying the sweater. What ensued was what witnesses called “a full on rant.”

“He seemed really worked up about it,” said Sents. “So I was just trying to do my job and I said ‘I know you are upset, sir’ and he went completely ballistic.”

Sents and witnesses say Gree accused her of being purposefully inflammatory.

“I wasn’t upset, I just felt personally attacked. People are always trying to put a negative stint on emotions,” said Gree. “And for the record, I wasn’t yelling; I just felt really passionately about what I had to say.”

Gree has filed a formal complaint with the university, to which Human Resource representatives have replied. The office recommended that Gree consider counseling, which he said was also inflammatory. He said he plans to take further legal action against the university.