Staff Picks : What was your favorite moment of the 2017-2018 school year and why?

Skylyr Vanderveer, multimedia manager, said:

My favorite moment of this academic year just so happens to be the day I met my very amazing friends. Having a strong support system makes being over 1,000 miles away from home much easier. My friends have become my second family and I truly feel blessed to have them in my life.”

Diego “Martin” Galvez, sports editor, said:

“My favorite moment of the 2017-2018 school year was my trip to Halloween Horror Nights with my friends because it was my first time going to one of these events in a theme park and I really wanted to go. From our drive to Orlando to being at the park, the whole trip was unforgettable.”

Sydney Stoneback, visual design and multimedia assistant, said:

I don’t have a specific favorite moment from this school year, I just have a lot of small moments that made my year. Most of my best memories were just spending time in the residence halls with my best friends and doing random stuff that only we would find funny.”

Madelyn Rinka, news editor, said:

I think my favorite part of the year was meeting my roommates. It’s pretty rare that three people get along so well, especially when they’re placed in the same room by chance. We were all stressed about having to live in a triple, but I’m glad I was able to meet my best friends. Also, joining a sorority was a great decision for me — it helped me get involved on campus, meet more friends and keep busy.”

Michaela Greer, co-editor-in-chief, said:

“Does finding out that my degree had been conferred count? Otherwise, I’d go with the opening of my senior exhibition. It had been a particularly emotionally trying day, but after seeing all of the people I loved take time out of their day, to support me in doing what I loved, it made all of the hard work and stress worth it.”

Nicole Chavannes, copy editor, said:

“In terms of things I do at school, my favorite moment was probably the launch of ‘Digressions,’ our school’s literary magazine that I’m the editor-in-chief of. It took so much hard work dedication from the entire staff and once it launched all that hard work felt so worth it. Personally, my favorite moment has to be the trip I took to Orlando in February with my then-boyfriend. He proposed in Diagon Alley at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and now we’re engaged — I definitely think that was my favorite moment.”

Jenna Kopec, co-editor-in-chief, said:

“This was a really challenging year for me in a lot of ways. I think that my favorite moment was when I was applying to an internship at a magazine and the person interviewing me said that she loved my writing. It seems like something really small, but I guess it just kind of validated all the hard work I put in this semester. It made me feel like I could make it in the ‘real’ world.”