Living in South Florida, the afternoons are most definitely hot. What better way to sweeten your afternoons than with some delicious summertime snacks? Here are some refreshing summertime snacks.
Watermelon fries and coconut lime dip
- Tajin classic seasoning
- Coconut yogurt
- Coconut sugar, to taste
- Cut your watermelon into fry-like shapes.
- Sprinkle 2 tsp of Tajin classic seasoning on watermelon fries.
- For the dip, combine coconut yogurt, lime juice and zest in a bowl.
- Add coconut sugar to dip to taste.
- Flour tortilla
- Peanut butter
- Hazelnut spread
- Spread peanut butter on one side of the tortilla, adding a thin line of hazelnut spread.
- Peel banana and place it over the line of hazelnut spread.
- Roll the tortilla up as tight as possible.
- Slice into sushi-like rolls and serve.
Orange marshmallow pops
- Orange-flavored gelatin mix
- Orange juice
- Vanilla ice cream
- Popsicle sticks
- Muffin tin or plastic cups
- Boil water and add gelatin mix. Stir until completely dissolved.
- With softened ice cream in a bowl, gradually add orange juice and gelatin, beating with mix after each addition until smooth.
- Insert popsicle sticks into marshmallow center and place in muffin tin or in plastic cups.
- Pour gelatin mixture into tin or cups and freeze.
- Remove pops from cups or tins before serving.