Are you “pinning” yet?

I don’t get giddy about many things (OK, maybe that’s a lie), but one website I am over the moon about is Pinterest.com. Before I go to bed and before I get up in the morning I check Pinterest. This is because Pinterest has changed my life — and it is sure to change yours.

Pinterest is a website where you create virtual pinboards to share your favorite things. Once you are invited (yes, it’s an exclusive club), you can rename and create as many pinboards as your heart desires. These pinboards can range from exercising tips to food ideas to crafts. For example, I have a tattoo idea pinboard, a crafty pinboard and a wedding pinboard.

Once you create your pinboards, you simply start pinning. You can either pin pictures from friends you follow or from all the pins the site has. This is why Pinterest is a social media site. You can follow friends or anyone on Pinterest, and repin, like or comment on their pins.

However, if your friends aren’t pinning what you’re looking for, you can click on the “Everything” or “Popular” tabs and search through all of the Pinterest categories. Or, you can type something in the search category and hope what you desire pops up.

If all else fails, Pinterest has also created a “Pin It” button that you can add to your bookmarks bar which makes gathering ideas that much easier. If you’re surfing the Internet and stumble upon a craft, recipe or just a super cool picture, you can simply use the “pin it” feature and have it sent to one of your pinboards. The space it takes up on your bookmarks bar is well deserved, trust me.

Also, if you took an amazing picture, cooked a delicious meal or made a cool craft, you can take a picture of it and pin it on your pinboard to share with your friends and followers. This is how Pinterest stays afloat. People don’t just pin things found from the World Wide Web, they actually create and share their ideas with every member on the site.

Oh, did I mention Pinterest has an app? You can take Pinterest with you wherever you go. Android and iPhone users can download the app and begin experiencing pin-fever in matter of seconds.

To put it simply, Pinterest makes the un-craftiest person crafty and the most unorganized person organized. You will find great ideas for gifts, decorations and recipes. Soon you’ll be caught saying, “I got the idea from Pinterest!”