Shark Speak for January 19, 2016

President Hanbury will host a town hall meeting this week to address student questions and concerns. How do you think NSU could be improved?

“I think that when a class is closed because the seating is full that there should be a waiting list created for students who would still like to take the course, that way if someone drops the course everyone on that list is notified and has a second chance at getting a seat in the course.”

Briana Doty, junior biology major

“I think the whole Mailman building needs renovation, specifically the elevators because they are unreliable.”

Caitlyn Seavey, sophomore environmental science major

“I think the campus needs more events that will help promote school spirit, especially in regard to athletics.”

Dbora Lee, junior biology major

“I think that the food places in the UC should be opened later, most importantly during midterms and finals because many students study late and get hungry.”

Rachel Wapner, sophomore nursing major  

“I think NSU should minimize and monitor the cheer competitions here on campus. When the kids come for competition, there is no parking, and the lines for the eating spots in the UC become extremely long. I think a great way to circumvent that is to make calendars informing the campus when the competitions will take place and to make designated areas and/or off-limit areas for the visitors; that way, they do not interrupt our study time.”

Fernando Reachy, senior biology major