Water Your Thoughts: When Broadway comes to town

As someone who considers themselves to be a “Broadway musical playlist enthusiast,” I’m especially delighted that Dear Evan Hansen came to Broward County. Beginning its three-week run at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts on March 26, the show is without a doubt one of my favorite musicals. The soundtrack is exquisite—”Waving Through A Window” is a showstopper.

If I’m being honest, I personally haven’t attended more than a handful of musicals, but I do listen to the playlists on my Spotify a lot—and when I say “a lot,” I mean daily. What I find so special about Broadway music is how descriptive and detailed it is. I get caught up in the stories and get to know the characters simply through the lyrics. Just by listening to the songs, I feel as though I’ve seen a show without actually shelling out the big bucks to go to the theater. It goes without saying that getting the opportunity to see Dear Evan Hansen live is a big deal for me. I can’t wait to see all of my favorite songs being performed and while I know exactly what the plot is, I’m also looking forward to finally watching the story play out with my own eyes.