Brownie cookies, according to TikTok

I don’t know if my phone just has a weird way of reading my mind, but recently, I came across a recipe video on TikTok about cookies that were made with brownie mix at the same time I was thinking about both brownies and cookies. I just had to make them — what can be better than brownie cookies? 

There were several issues with this TikTok, the biggest issue being that they did not label the exact ingredients that were needed to make this dessert correctly.

I have made cookies in the past, so I was fairly certain I could replicate the recipe without any issue, but things like the measurements and baking time were slightly off. 

The TikTok instructed that 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit would be enough baking time for these brownie cookies. However, when I took the cookies out after 10 minutes, they still weren’t ready. I left them for three minutes longer to make sure they would bake thoroughly then took them out to cool. The brownie cookies were complete, but they were a bit too crunchy for my taste.

If anyone enjoys food and TikTok as much as I do, I suggest finding better recipe videos, even if the short little baking TikToks look fun. It is hard to interpret a recipe when you don’t have everything you need, especially after watching a one minute video where the meal came out perfectly. Not everything is going to be perfect after the first try — my cookies sure weren’t.

The following is my recipe including adjustments:

Brownie cookies (32 cookies)

– 1 box brownie mix

– ½ cup all purpose flour

– 2 large eggs

– 5 tablespoons vegetable oil

– 1 tablespoon water

– mini chocolate chips (your preference)

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
  2. Follow the mixing guide on the back of the brownie mix box and use a spoon to scoop out the brownie batter onto a baking sheet
  3. Bake for 10-12 minutes. (Time really depends on how big your cookies are.)