Gill Out: Go Pho

GoPho

2262 S University Dr, Davie, FL 33324

Monday – Sunday 11:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.

$$

NSU is a unique and lively campus, but that doesn’t mean Sharks can’t band together and take an afternoon to explore the South Florida area — even if that just means finding a quaint place to study.

As a self-proclaimed pho fanatic, I was ecstatic when a new pho restaurant opened in the Tower Shops plaza in Davie, FL. Because of COVID-19 and being home for the holidays, it wasn’t until last week that I finally had the opportunity to go and try it out. 

In terms of location, Go Pho is the perfect spot for NSU students to grab a quick bite to eat in between classes or to venture to when they need a study break. Less than a five-minute drive from campus, Tower Shops already boasts an impressive list of go-to places to shop and dine, a list that now includes my new favorite pho restaurant.

After explaining what pho was to my boyfriend for what felt like the 50th time, I finally convinced him to try it out with me and we decided to head to Go Pho for dinner. With endearing, but modern decor and a bright neon light with the saying “dude it’s pho, not phu,” I immediately enjoyed the chill vibe of the restaurant. With an “order at the front and seat yourself” system, it was the perfect blend of quick and easy food and a great dine-in setting. The fact that all of the staff were wearing masks and the plastic shields between tables made me feel at ease about enjoying an indoor experience.

As a vegetarian, I was not disappointed by the number of vegetarian-friendly options on the menu. I ordered the tofu pho while my boyfriend opted for the chicken option. I also ordered a small Thai tea — a favorite drink of mine and therefore my must-try at any place that offers it. The food came out quickly and definitely met my high pho standards. Although I wish there had been more veggies in my pho and the Thai tea had been a little thinner, everything was delicious and left us both wanting more. So much so, we came back again two days later for a quick lunch. When we ate there the second time, we decided to top off the meal with some delicious beignets that came with a bright green pandan sauce, the perfect way to hit the spot after a warm filling meal.

For anyone who enjoys pho or wants to step out of their comfort zone and try something new, I definitely recommend Go Pho.