Gill Out: MrBeast Burger

If you’re like me, you watch a lot of YouTube videos in your free time. When one of my favorite YouTube creators, MrBeast, announced that he was creating a burger restaurant, my interest was piqued. I knew I had to try it. 

For those who don’t know, MrBeast is one of the biggest YouTubers out there, amassing 75.1 million subscribers on his main channel. His other channels, MrBeast Gaming and Beast Reacts, have 23.3 million subscribers and 12.4 million subscribers respectively.  

In December of 2020, MrBeast launched a virtual restaurant brand in collaboration with Virtual Dining Concepts. The collaboration allows existing restaurants to add additional business to their kitchen. Three of the main restaurants that use their kitchens to make MrBeast Burgers are Brio, Buca di Beppo and Bravo Italian Mediterranean. The location I ordered from is the Brio on University Dr., located near Nova Southeastern University’s campus.  

The menu was very easy to access, as all you need is the MrBeast Burger app or a delivery service app such as DoorDash. There are four burgers on the menu, each reflective of a main member of the MrBeast channel. MrBeast, Chris, Chandler and Karl all have their own individual sandwiches. Each burger has smashed patties, a method that involves pressing the burger patty while it is cooking.  

I ordered the Beast Style burger and my girlfriend ordered the Chris Style burger. The Beast Style burger came with two patties, cheese, onions and pickles. The burger also had ketchup, mayo and brown mustard. The Chris Style burger came with two patties, cheese, bacon and French fries on the top. 

I enjoyed the burger a lot, as it had the perfect blend of spice added to perfectly cooked burger patties. With the cheese melted and the combination of all the ingredients, it made for one of my favorite burgers. I put it up there with the likes of Five Guys and BurgerFi. I recommend it to anyone who loves burgers. The French fries were impeccable; the seasoned, crinkle-cut fries are one of my favorite variations of the all-famous side dish. I love seasoned salt in my fries, and I think MrBeast Burger did an amazing job in that regard.  

$12.49 wasn’t bad at all for a double cheeseburger, fries and a drink. I do think it could be a little cheaper, but I’m still happy with the purchase. It’s not every day that one of your favorite creators or celebrities opens a restaurant. I also like that a portion of the proceeds goes towards Hungry Families Across America. With MrBeast Burger also beginning to allow pickup orders, I definitely see myself eating there again real soon.