On the bench: Premier League best XI

Selecting a best XI from the Premier League is only going to cause arguments because everyone has their own opinion and point of view. However, I have come up with a lineup based on my own perspective. I am a member of the NSU Women’s Soccer team and an enthusiast of the beautiful game. Here is a line up in a 4-3-2-1 formation. Feel free to argue amongst yourselves but this team is the dream team in my eyes. 

“Ederson” Santana de Moraes as goalkeeper 

The Brazilian goalkeeper from Manchester City is a great shot-stopper, but he is my first choice because of his footwork ability and long-range passing ability.  

Raphael Varane as center back 

This player from Manchester United is a very controversial pick, but when someone tells me about another center back that has four Champions League titles, a Nations League title, and a World Cup title under their belt, I’ll change my mind. 

Virgil van Dijk as center back 

This Liverpool FC player’s technique, leadership and ability to understand the game and make tackles when needed earned him a spot in my lineup. He is arguably one of the best center backs in the world. 

Luke Shaw as left back 

This player from Manchester United was under the radar for a while but this is a player that plays every single game like it’s his last. We also can’t forget about his amazing performance at the Euro 2020. 

Trent Alexander-Arnold as right back 

I have to give a huge shoutout to my alternate pick, Reece James. Both of these outside backs are under the age of 24 and are dying to get more caps with England. With that being said, I made my decision based on defense stats. Liverpool FC player Alexander-Arnold has 5 blocks, 13 aerial duals, and 15 tackles.   

N’Golo Kante as center midfield 

There is no one better than Kante, a player from Chelsea at doing the hard work for 90 minutes nonstop.  

Kevin De Bruyne as center midfield 

I can picture everyone nodding their head as they agree with me. Every time he is on the field, you can expect him to create some magic. 

Bruno Fernandes as center midfield 

This was a tough decision because I feel indifferent about Fernandes, but who else would I choose? There is no one in the Premier League playing attacking mid that has caught my eye. However, Manchester United player Fernandes does have 30 goals in just 62 appearances in the Premier League. 

Mohamed Salah as right wing 

Some people may say this player from Liverpool FC is overrated, but he has performed every single season no matter the depth of his team.  

Cristiano Ronaldo as left wing 

Do I really need to explain myself for this one? He is the greatest of all time. This player from Manchester United is the player that will score for your team when needed. Give him a balland he’ll put it in the back of the net. 

Harry Kane as center forward 

Romelu Lukaku is at Kane’s heel, but Kane is the most complete center forward in the Premier League. Last season, Kane finished with 23 goals and 14 assists on the Tottenham Hotspur.