November movies on SUTV are full of fun and excitement

November is here. Soon we will be eating lots of turkey and wishing we lived somewhere where the leaves turn colors and fall off the trees. But one great thing about November that we don’t have to long for is all great movies that come out in time for the holidays. Lucky for us, SUTV is following the trend with some of the best movies around on their November schedule.

Topping off that list is my favorite movie of the year and one of the funniest I’ve seen, “Bad Teacher.” Cameron Diaz is brilliant as the pot smoking, cursing, all around bad teacher who will do anything to get the money for her boob job.

While we’re laughing, there’s no way to go wrong with “Big Daddy.” It may be an older movie but it never gets old. Instead it brings back the good ole days when Adam Sandler movies were guaranteed to be hilarious. In the movie, he reluctantly grows up when he inadvertently becomes a dad to a sweet little boy, and every minute of will make you laugh out loud. Ironically, it’s the addition of Sandler’s own children that made him lose his funny. Sigh.

Some other oldie but goodies on the list include: Black Hawk Down, Saving Private Ryan and Top Gun – the movie that brought us “Goose, you stud, take me to bed or lose me forever” and Tom Cruise singing “Baby, baby, I’d get down on my knees for you…” If that doesn’t ring a bell, you have some movie watching to do. You’ll scream for Cruise as soars in his fighter jet.

Then, if that and the recently passed Halloween hasn’t given you enough to scream about, you’ll have to check out “Scream 4.” The always fun scare-fest with Courtney Cox and David Arquette, who met, and later married, during the filming of the first “Scream” is sure to entertain you and give you something to scream about.

And while your blood is pumping, check out “Fast Five,” probably the most exciting movie of the year. Go on high speed chases with Vin Diesel through the streets of Brazil and grip to the edge of your seat as you find out what shenanigans he gets away with this time — or not. I’m not telling but you won’t regret watching it.

If you’re in a great mood, you may regret watching “Pursuit of Happyness,” though. Not that it’s a bad movie. It’s an excellent, moving film full of inspiration and hope. But I spent the entire movie with a huge lump in my throat. Will Smith ripped my heart out as the homeless father who fights all odds to find himself and his son a better life. So be warned, bring your tissues.

I’d rather not cry during the holiday months, so I think I’ll get my movie fix with Cameron and Adam. But whatever you watch, you’re sure to say it was one of the best you’ve seen in a while.